SEGC is seeking to recruit a General Recreational Gymnastics Coach to coach Gym-School and various disciplines.
The appointed person will be responsible for coaching general and advanced recreational classes across a variety of activities, and work closely with the Gym-School Head Coach.
There may be an opportunity to coach Men’s or Women’s Artistic or Rhythmic gymnastics alongside the recreational programme depending on the candidate’s background and desire.
The post is offered on a full-time basis. The position will be for 40 hours per week over six days, including Saturday and Sunday. Pay will depend on the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Applicants should be of Level 1 UKCC or above (essential) and have previous experience coaching gymnastics in a club, school or local authority setting. A high level of enthusiasm and the ability to work independently and as part of a team are essential.
The post will be based within South Essex Gymnastics Club at the Basildon Sporting Village in Basildon and The Eversley Centre in Pitsea.
Travel and work within other clubs/venues may also be required.
The candidate must be flexible as contracted hours may need to be adjusted to assist in a club event or attend competition.
• The successful candidate must hold at least a Level 1 BG Coaching Award.
• Able to manage/ coach a group of gymnasts, while being able to take direction from their respective Head Coaches/ Director of Coaching.
• Need to be available to coach both during the week and at weekends.
• Be creative and passionate and able to work with young children. A current DBS check will be required.
• Show that they can work with a team of people, sharing ideas and taking action on agreed tasks.
• Prepared to assist with events that may take place at SEGC, or at other venues, that may possibly not be in their regular working hours. This may include club displays and competitions.
If you would like to apply please post your CV to:
South Essex GC,
Basildon Sporting Village,
Gloucester Park North,
Cranes Farm Road,
Or email email@example.com by June 1, 2018.
Successful candidates will be asked to attend an interview with a Trustee, the Assistant Director of Coaching and another Head Coach / Trustee soon after that date.