SEGC’S Head of Gym School Kayleigh Peak has released details of the dates for British Gymnastics Proficiency Testing over the next ten months.
The tests will take place over 12-day periods between:
* Monday, October 8 – Saturday, October 20, 2018
* Monday, January 14 – Saturday, January 26, 2019
* Monday, March 25 – Saturday, April 26, 2019
* Monday, July 1 – Saturday, July 13, 2019
There are about 450 young Gym School members across the club’s sites at the Basildon Sporting Village and Eversley Leisure Centre and they will have the chance to work towards the national award.
The tests start at Level 8 and progress to Level 1 before moving onto an Advanced section which has gold, silver and bronze tiers for individual apparatus.
Those taking part are tested during the designated periods above and will receive a letter with their result a week later.
Parents will then have the option to order certificates, badges and/or medals at a nominal administrative cost.
For the first at least a decade those costs have been increased this year, inline with an increase in cost of the materials from British Gymnastics. And they are as follows:
* Levels 8-2 (certificate and badge) £3.50
* Level 1 (certificate and medal) £7
* Advanced bronze or silver (certificate and badge) £3.50
* Advanced gold (certificate and medal) £7
For more information on our popular weekly Gym School sessions check out its dedicated section the club’s website by clicking here.