THE club is seeking to recruit a general gymnastics coach who will also help with the organisation of the club’s popular hosting of children’s parties.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coaching general and advanced recreational classes and will be required to work closely with the club’s parties head coach.
There may be an opportunity to coach men’s or women’s Artistic or Rhythmic gymnastics alongside the recreational programme, depending on the candidate’s background and aspirations.
The full-time post will be for 40 hours per week over five days including Saturday and Sunday and the salary will depend on the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Applicants should be of Level 2 UKCC or above (essential) and have previous experience coaching gymnastics in a club, school or local authority setting. A high level of enthusiasm and the ability to work independently and as part of a team are essential.
The role will be based within South Essex Gymnastics Club at the Basildon Sporting Village in Basildon, Essex, but travel and work within other clubs or venues may also be required.
The candidate must also be flexible as contracted hours may need to be adjusted occasionally to assist in a club event or attend competition.
* Must old at least a Level 2 BG Coaching Award.
* Able to manage/coach a group of gymnasts, under direction from respective head coach/ director of coaching.
* Be available to coach during the week and at weekends.
* Be creative and passionate and able to work with young children. A current DBS check will be required.
* Show they can work with a team of people, sharing ideas and taking action on agreed tasks.
* Be prepared to assist with events that may take place a the club’s Basildon base, or at other venues, that may not be in their regular working hours. This may include club displays and competitions.
To apply. please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post it to:
South Essex GC,
Basildon Sporting Village,
Gloucester Park North,
Cranes Farm Road,
The closing date for applications is by January 1, 2018, and candidates will be asked to attend an interview with a Trustee, the Assistant Director of Coaching and another Head Coach / Trustee soon after that date.